Unity Under Christ Past 5-Mismatched Sox: Beautiful; Outfit
Main Passage: Ephesians 4:22—5:2
Main Point: Six Practical Instructions for Developing Unity in God’s Church
Reflection Questions for Individual or Group Study:
1. What is your response to this message?
2. How do you respond to the pattern of these instructions for putting on the new self—noting they are written to saints who have been made new persons in Christ?
Review the six practical instructions for living this life in 4:22-32. They are summarized in the call to “walk in the way of love” as Jesus loved us (5:1-2). What catches your attention for your life and behavior? What do you sense the Holy Spirit is prompting you to do about each instruction?
¨ Put Off falsehood and Speak truthfully to your neighbor (4:22-25)
¨ In your anger, do not sin. How are you responding to people who anger or upset you (vv. 26-27)?
¨ What are you doing to minister to others in our church? Your family? Your spouse? (v. 28)
¨ Did you practice wholesome conversations today? What do you need to change? (v. 29)
¨ In what ways is the Holy Spirit prompting growth in you (v. 30)?
¨ How are the practices of kindness, compassion and forgiveness of others working in your life (vv. 31-32)
Unity Under Christ Study Challenge
· Choose a time & place to be quiet for 10-15 minutes.
· Start by listing three things for which you are thankful.
· Invite Christ to speak to you through the reading.
As you read the scripture passage ask these three questions:
1. What do I learn about the character of God here?
2. What’s the good news that is presented?
3 How can I pray based off this passage?
Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Monday: Ephesians 4:17-32
Tuesday: Ephesians 5:1-7
Wednesday: Ephesians 5:8-14
Thursday: Philippians 1:27-2:4
Friday: Acts 6:8-15