LOOK UP Part 2: Continue in the Faith
Colossians 1:15-28, Luke 10:38-42, 2 Corinthians 5:16-19
Theme: To continue in the faith, believers are called to adore the supremacy of Jesus, practice reconciliation and become a servant of the gospel.
1. What’s one thing that stood out to you from the message?
2. In Colossians 1:15-20 we see that Jesus is the one who holds the world together. What are some things that people look to hold their world together?
3. Read Colossians 1:15-20 slowly. Which aspect of Christ’s work do you need to dwell on with what you are facing this week?
4. Why does slowing down to adore Christ and his awesomeness need to be a part of our faith?
5. Compare Colossians 1:21-23 to 2 Corinthians 5:16-19. What do we learn about reconciliation in both of these passages?
6. Where is reconciliation needed most in our world? How does Christ’s work on the cross strengthen us to do the work of reconciliation?
7. How do we mature to the point of having Paul’s attitude of serving the gospel even if it causes us suffering? What do we have to let go of and what do we put our focus?
8. What is God calling you to pray about?
Study Challenge Week 2
There are two texts per day. One way to worship God intentionally is twice per day, with one verse in the morning and one in the evening.
First, be silent in prayer for 1 minute.
Second, thank God for 2 specific things.
Third, invite Jesus to speak to you by asking these 3 questions.
1. What am I learning from these passages about faith?
2. Who is He inviting me to share this with?
3. How is He speaking to me during these times of worship?
Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Monday: Philemon, Hebrews 3-4
Tuesday: Colossians 1:15-28, 2 Corinthians 5:16-18
Wednesday: Ephesians 1:11-12, Romans 8:28-30
Thursday: Psalm 73, Ezekiel 37:1-28
Friday: Ephesians 1:4-5, I John 3:12-3, 1 Corinthians 15:54-55
Father, we have a hope that is unfailing. Help me bring this hope to a world desperately in need of it, and let my life shine with it. May I remember that light chases away darkness, joy bears fruit, and love wins every time.