KEEP IN STEP WITH THE SPIRIT Part 5: Don’t Give Up
Luke 10:1-11, Galatians 6:1-16
Theme: Keep in Step with the Spirit by not giving up on your spiritual responsibility to carrying Jesus’ mission to non-believers and sharing the load with the family of believers.
1. What has God been teaching you about the Holy Spirit through the “Keep in Step” series?
2. Read Jesus’ words to his disciples in Luke 10:1-11. Which instruction(s) challenges you the most?
3. Make a list of Paul’s advice in Galatians 6:1-5.
4. Why is that advice important for living out the truth of the unity we have in Christ as expressed in Galatians 3:27-28?
5. How do the “works of the flesh” in Galatians 5:19-21 work against that unity?
6. How do the fruit of the Spirit listed in Galatians 5:22-23 help Christians in their mission to non-believers and their responsibility to the family of believers?
7. Paul encourages the believers to “not give up” in doing good, in investing in the Spirit. Which fruit of the Spirit do you most easily give up on living out? How can you practice that this week?
8. How do you feel led to pray?
Study Challenge Week 5
There are two readings per day. One way to worship God intentionally is to set aside two times in your day, listening to Him through one reading in the morning and one in the evening.
First, be silent in prayer for 1 minute.
Second, thank God for 2 specific things.
Third, invite Jesus to speak to you by asking these 3 questions.
1. What are these verses trying to say?
2. Who is He inviting me to share this with?
3. How can I weave the work and fruit of the spirit into my daily life?
Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Monday: Galatians 6:1-10, Psalm 30
Tuesday: Galatians 6:11-18, Colossians 2:6-20
Wednesday: John 16:16-33, Galatians 5:22-25
Thursday: John 17, 2 Timothy 2:1-13
Friday: Romans 6:5-10, Luke 10:1-11
Father, you have sent your Spirit to bear witness in us the life changing work of the Cross. Help me today to emulate the way of the lamb, with the fruits of your Spirit being clearly seen in my life.