Behold! Lenten Series Part 7: Restoration Boulevard
Isaiah 43:15-25, Acts 10:34-43
Theme: Jesus is the new thing God is doing in our world and is creating a new community made up of restored men and women.
1. How did God speak to you in the message?
2. Reread Peter’s sermon to Cornelius’ household in Acts 10:34-43. Summarize in your own words Jesus’ story and Jesus’ accomplishments.
3. Consider Peter’s opening line (v34-35) and closing line (v42-43). How is God’s grace and love apparent?
4. What does it say about Jesus’ belief in and hope for humanity that he gave the message and mission to believers?
5. Peter’s realization that God shows favor even to Gentiles came when he was praying (10:9). How can you make sure to set aside time to pray?
6. What is one way you want to live differently based off these insights?
7. How can we pray?
Behold! 2019 Lenten Study Challenge
Engage with Jesus through Scripture by reflecting on texts that explore the power of the resurrection.
First, be silent in prayer for 1 minute.
Second, thank God for 2 specific things.
Third, invite Jesus to speak to you by asking these 3 questions.
1. What can we learn about this?
2. Who is He inviting me to share this with or invite to church?
3. How can I reflect his amazing Hope this week to others?
Monday: Luke 24:1-12
Tuesday: Luke 24:30-35, 45-48
Wednesday: I Corinthians 15:1-8, 13-20
Thursday: Philippians 3:8-11
Friday: I Corinthians 15:50-58
Pray for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your coworkers, your church, your world.
Jesus, as I live out of the Sunday of Hope, may I reflect deeply what this means to me. In conquering death you have given me a life worth celebrating. Help me to internalize the extraordinary love you have shown so I can better live it out.