Voyage In Christ: From Fear To Love-IJohn 4:7-21-April 29, 2018
Reflection Questions for Individual or Group Study:
1. What about the message really spoke to you that you want to keep on thinking about during this week?
2. Name some ways that fear keeps people from living for Jesus and showing love to others.
3. Think of the example of Philip running up to the Ethiopian Eunuch’s chariot and sharing the good news with him. What fears would Philip have to overcome in that? What was the result of his obedience?
4. Read 1 John 4:17-18. What does it mean that God’s love is made complete in us? Have you ever had a moment or season in life when you sensed that God’s love was being made perfect in you?
5. Who do you know that shows bravery in love on a regular basis? What is it about that person that inspires you?
6. Which of these feelings of fear keep you from loving others? Talk to God about that feeling.
· feeling unloved
· feeling defeated by sin
· feeling alone
7. How is God asking you to love instead of fear this week? What risk can you take to show love to somebody?
8. How do you feel led to pray?
Voyager Prayer Challenge
April 29-May 5, 2018
As we enter this new season at Stillmeadow, we invite you to join the Voyager Prayer Crew through individual reading and prayer times. Setting aside time to pray and read through scripture as a community is a powerful way of experiencing God’s unity.
· Choose a time & place to be quiet for 10-15 minutes.
· Start by listing three things for which you are thankful.
· Invite Christ to speak to you through the reading.
· As you read the scripture passage ask these three questions:
1. Keep a running list of the amount of times John uses the words love, children, sin, truth, complete and perfect.
2. How does God complete his love?
3. How is God calling you to trust him?
· Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Monday: 1 John 1:1-2:2
Tuesday: 1 John 2:3-26
Wednesday: 1 John 2:27-3:24
Thursday: 1 John 4:1-21
Friday: 1 John 5:1-21