LOOK UP Part 6: The Founder and Perfecter of Our Faith
Hebrews 11:29-12:2, Hebrews 10:32-39
Theme: Faith is a race that requires an unrelenting focus on Christ, a joyful endurance and the elimination of anything that holds us back.
1. What’s one thing that stood out to you from the mess- age?
2. Read Hebrews 11:29-40. What strikes or encourages you about these stories of faith?
3. Read Hebrews 12:1-2. Now ponder what you know about Jesus’ death on the cross. What do you admire about how Jesus handled the cross? What challenges you about how he endured it?
4. Now read Hebrews 10:32-36. What are the marks of Christ-like endurance in this passage?
5. What are some examples of “weights” that slow people down in the race of faith? (for examples go back to Colossians 3:5-10)
6. What is slowing you down in your faith race?
7. Where do you need God’s help in enduring in your faith?
8. What is God calling you to pray about?
Study Challenge Week 6
There are two texts per day. One way to worship God intentionally is twice per day, with one verse in the morning and one in the evening.
First, be silent in prayer for 1 minute.
Second, thank God for 2 specific things.
Third, invite Jesus to speak to you by asking these 3 questions.
1. What am I learning from these passages about faith?
2. Who is He inviting me to share this with?
3. How is He speaking to me during these times of worship?
Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Monday: Hebrews 11:17-13:25 and 2 Timothy 1:8-14
Tuesday: Galatians 6:1-10 and Zephaniah 3:14-20
Wednesday: Isaiah 66:1-2, 22-23 and 1 Corinthians 12:14-31
Thursday: 1 Timothy 4:6-10 and Joshua 24:14-15
Friday: Joel 2:12-14 and Psalm 100
Father, we have a hope that is unfailing. Help me bring this hope to a world desperately in need of it, and let my life shine with it. May I remember that light chases away darkness, joy bears fruit, and love wins every time.