Unity Under Christ-Stand Tall in Prayer Ya'll
Small Group Leader Notes:
Main Passage: Ephesians 6:10-20
Main Point: Though Christ has won the ultimate battle against hostility (Eph 2:14), God’s dream for a world unified under Christ requires the church to battle against the forces of darkness through prayer.
Reflection Questions for Individual or Group Study:
1. What is your response to the theme of this message?
2. Read Ephesians 6:10-20. How was Paul able to participate in the battle even as a prisoner of Rome? What can we learn from that?
3. In our efforts to pursue and keep unity, why is it important that we remember that our struggle is not against humans?
4. List the pieces of armor that Paul says we need to take a stand against evil. How do each of those help us take a stand?
5. When do you find it hard to remember and live in the reality that we have all we need?
6. How does having a consistent and growing prayer life affect our impact on our family, church and world.
7. What amazing things are you going to pray for in your life? Our church? Our community?
Unity Under Christ Study Challenge
· Choose a time & place to be quiet for 10-15 minutes.
· Start by listing three things for which you are thankful.
· Invite Christ to speak to you through the reading.
As you read the scripture passage ask these three questions:
1. What do I learn about the character of God here?
2. What’s the good news that is presented?
3 How can I pray based off this passage?
Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Monday: Ephesians 6:1-9
Tuesday: Ephesians 6:10-23
Wednesday: Colossians 4:2-18
Thursday: Philippians 3:1-4:1
Friday: Philippians 4:2-23