LOOK UP Part 4: Keep Your Mind On Things Above
Theme: To continue in the faith, believers are called to seek Christ above all things
1. When was a time in your life you had to trust God?
2. Read Colossians 3:1-11. How do we set our minds on things above?
3. When is it easy or difficult to “seek God?” Why?
4. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being never and 10 being always, how often do you intentionally “seek God” or “set your mind on things above”?
5. How do you seek God regularly? How do you want to be more intentional about that?
6. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being never and 10 being always, how often do you “set your minds on things below” or “seek yourself”?
7. What is an attitude, behavior, addiction/habit that God is calling you to “put to death” and leave behind? How can you keep that behind you and seek God instead?
8 How is God inviting you to pray?
Study Challenge Week 4
There are two texts per day. One way to worship God intentionally is twice per day, with one verse in the morning and one in the evening.
First, be silent in prayer for 1 minute.
Second, thank God for 2 specific things.
Third, invite Jesus to speak to you by asking these 3 questions.
1. What am I learning from these passages about faith?
2. Who is He inviting me to share this with?
3. How is He speaking to me during these times of worship?
Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Monday: Col 3:1-11 and Hebrews 7
Tuesday: Philippians 1:19-30 and Psalm 51
Wednesday: 1 Thessalonians 1 and Titus 2:11-15
Thursday: Hebrews 8 and 2 John 4-11
Friday: Luke 11:33-36 and Colossians 3:12-17
Father, we have a hope that is unfailing. Help me bring this hope to a world desperately in need of it, and let my life shine with it. May I remember that light chases away darkness, joy bears fruit, and love wins every time