Unity Under Christ-Part 4-Pursuers of Peace
Small Group Leader Notes:
Main Passage: Ephesians 4:1-16
Main Point: Part of God’s dream for the church is that we value getting along more than getting our own way.
1. What stuck out to you today about this message?
2. Read Ephesians 4:1-16. What are the qualities of a person who is walking worthy of the calling of Christ?
3. Read Colossians 3:12-15. What are the qualities of “God’s chosen people” who are “called to peace” that can be added to your list?
4. What makes it difficult at times for people to live out these qualities?
5. What has at times inhibited you from “making every effort” to keep a peaceful unity with people in your life?
6. If you have not made every effort to keep unity through peace, what needs to change in you to have the willingness to do so?
7. Think of a time when you put getting along over getting your way. How did God use that to unify the relationship?
8. According to Ephesians 4:13, unity in faith contributes to becoming mature. How do you see unity in the church aiding in spiritual maturity?
9. How should we pray based off this discussion?
Unity Under Christ Study Challenge
· Choose a time & place to be quiet for 10-15 minutes.
· Start by listing three things for which you are thankful.
· Invite Christ to speak to you through the reading.
As you read the scripture passage ask these three questions:
1. What do I learn about the character of God here?
2. What’s the good news that is presented?
3 How can I pray based off this passage?
Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Monday: Acts 20:17-38
Tuesday: Ephesians 4:1-6
Wednesday: Ephesians 4:7-16
Thursday: Colossians 3:1-11
Friday: Philippians 1:12-26