Illuminate: Advent 2018 Part 3: Rejoice in the Lord Always
Reflection Questions for Individual or Group Study (Dec 16):
1. What stands out to you from the theme of the message and the call to “rejoice in the Lord always” (Philippians 4:4-7)?
2. Identify situations in your life that prompt worry in you. Turn that worry into a prayer. Clarify your prayer in 1-2 sentences without defensiveness or rationalizing.
3. Read Philippians 4:8 and 13. How does this further instruction and testimony of the writer influence your thinking regarding the worry?
4. Reflect on the call, “Let your gentleness be known to everyone,” in the light of Jesus’ invitation for us to come to him with our burdens and cares (Matthew 11:28-30).
5. Identify someone to whom you find it difficult to show gentleness. How do you sense God inviting you to pray about this person or situation?
6. Reflecting on this instruction to “rejoice in the Lord always,” pray “The Lord’s Prayer” (Matthew 7:9-13).
7. Read Jesus’ desire to spend time with you in Revelation 3:19-20. What do you feel God is desiring to instruct you about? What do you plan to do about it?