illuminate: Advent 2018-Part 4-Peace
Reflection Questions for Individual or Group Study (Dec 23):
Theme: The life of Mary is an invitation to bring peace into our world through deep trust in God, distrust in earthly possessions and positions, a servant’s attitude and a focus on God’s revolutionary work.
Reflection Questions for Individual or Group Study:
1. What stands out to you from the overall theme of the message and texts?
2. Read Luke 1:38. How would you define Mary’s attitude about herself and trust in God?
3. Now read Luke 1:46-55. What strikes you about Mary’s song of praise?
4. How is the message and mission of Jesus a threat to the current powers in our world?
5. How did Mary’s act of trusting obedience change the rest of her life?
6. How does a deep trust in God and a distrust in earthly possessions and titles enable us to work for peace?
7. What is God inviting you to do through the insights from this passage?
8. How shall you pray?