Just Discipleship Part 6: Words to Build a Life On-Part A
Scripture: Luke 6:17-26, 1 Corinthians 15:12-20
Theme: Just Discipleship digs deep to build life on the teaching of Jesus by seeing as He sees.
1. What stands out in your heart about the message?
2. What do you find to be something that distracts you from the teaching of Jesus?
3. Read Luke 6:17-26. In the beatitudes, why did Jesus warn his disciples to be wary of riches, fullness, laughter and popularity?
4. What makes it difficult to receive the “Woe’s” of Jesus?
5. Read 1 Corinthians 15:12-20. According to Paul, how does Jesus’ resurrection impact the life of a the believer?
6. What plank needs to be removed in order for you to see others in the light of Jesus’ love?
7. What steps can you take this week to make sure that Jesus is the primary teacher in your life?
8. How can we pray?
Just Discipleship Study Challenge:
These instructions can also be found at stillnaz.com/sermon-blog.
Choose a time and place to be quiet for 10 minutes.
First, be silent in prayer for 1 minute.
Second, thank God for 2 specific things.
Third, invite Christ to speak to you through the reading of the passage by asking these 3 questions.
As you read the passage, ask these three questions:
1. What can I learn based off the way in which Jesus interacts with others?
2. What is the role of riches and possessions in the kingdom of God?
3. How can I pray based off these insights?
Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Week 6 (February 10)
Monday: Luke 16:1-31
Tuesday: Luke 17:1-37
Wednesday: Luke 18:1-43
Thursday: Luke 19:1-48
Friday: Luke 20:1-47
Jesus, we come to you to receive the kingdom as children. Like the blind man and the persistent widow and the tax collector, we realize we need you more than anything else. This week, we willingly give our lives and our treasures for your kingdom!