Just Discipleship Part 7: Words to Build a Life On-Part B
Scripture: Luke 6:27-38
Theme: Just discipleship digs deep to build a life on the teachings of Jesus to live as He lived.
1. What was God saying to you through the message?
2. List the actions that Jesus gives in Luke 6:27-35.
3. Think of a hero who loved like this.
4. List the actions in Luke 6:35-38. How do these help us ensure that the previous actions don’t turn into another “rulebook” to follow?
5. Describe the heart of the Father that Jesus gives in 6:35-36.
6. Give some examples of how Jesus acted like this?
7. Out of the instructions Jesus gave here, which is most difficult for you?
8. Looking at that which is most difficult for you, what steps can you take this week to follow Jesus’ instruction?
9. How can we pray?
Just Discipleship Study Challenge:
These instructions can also be found at stillnaz.com/sermon-blog.
Choose a time and place to be quiet for 10 minutes.
First, be silent in prayer for 1 minute.
Second, thank God for 2 specific things.
Third, invite Christ to speak to you through the reading of the passage by asking these 3 questions.
As you read the passage, ask these three questions:
1 How does Jesus show love for others?
2 How does Jesus encourage and model trust in God the Father?
3 How can I follow Jesus like this?
Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Week7 (February 24)
Monday: Luke 21:1-37
Tuesday: Luke 22:1-38
Wednesday: Luke 22:39-70
Thursday: Luke 23:1-43
Friday: Luke 23:44-56
Jesus, as you endured in love the betrayal by Judas, the false accusations of the religious leaders and crowd, the mockery and abuse by the government, grant me the grace to love as you loved, even when it hurts.