Walking with Christ: Part 5 Jesus-The Master of Interruptions
Small Group Leader Notes:
Main Passage: Mark 5:21-43
Main Point: Receive Jesus as Master of Interruptions and be willing to be interrupted to show his grace to others in your own life
Reflection Questions for Individual or Group Study:
1. What is your response to the theme of this message?
2. Read Mark 5:21-43. Take some time to marvel at Jesus. What do you adore about him and his reactions in this story?
3. Name the people who received help in this story. What do they have in common?
4. What causes people (like me and you) to overreact to interruptions?
5. What are some common interruptions in our days that may actually be opportunities to give grace and healing?
6. How do you plan to reach out to Jesus with the attitude of Jairus and the bleeding woman this week?
7. What are some practical ways you can prepare yourself to react with Jesus’ “Master of Interruption’s” attitude? Which do you plan on doing this week?
8. How do you feel led to pray based off these reflections?
Walker Prayer Challenge
As we continue this new season at Stillmeadow, we invite you to join the Walker Prayer Crew through individual reading and prayer times. Setting aside time to pray and read through scripture as a community is a powerful way of experiencing God’s unity.
· Choose a time & place to be quiet for 10-15 minutes.
· Start by listing three things for which you are thankful.
· Invite Christ to speak to you through the reading.
As you read the scripture passage ask these three questions:
1. Describe Jesus’ character in this passage.
2. How is this inviting me to receive Jesus’ character?
3 How does this challenge me to offer Jesus’ grace to others?
Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Monday: Mark 12:28-43
Tuesday: Mark 13:1-23
Wednesday: Mark 13:24-37
Thursday: Mark 14:1-26
Friday: Mark 14:27-72