Unity Under Christ-Part 1-God has a dream
Small Group Leader Notes:
Main Passage: Ephesians 1:3-14
Main Point: God’s dream for the world is to bring all things into unity under Christ and the people of Christ are invited to share and live out this dream
Reflection Questions for Individual or Group Study:
1. What is your response to the theme of this message?
2. Paul starts Ephesians with a long outburst of praise! Make a list of what he praises God for. Add some of your own praises.
3. Read Ephesians 1:3-14. Today’s text considers what God takes pleasure in. What is his pleasure and will according to the text?
4. Paul believed God’s will and pleasure were still going to come true despite his imprisonment. How does trusting God with our struggles help us accomplish God’s dream for the world?
5. Read Ephesians 2:8-10. What does Paul say about grace? What does he say is the purpose of followers of Christ?
6. What are some ways we can work against God’s dream for the world? What is one way that you can delete from your own life?
7. How do you feel led to pray based off these reflections?
Unity Under Christ Study Challenge
· Choose a time & place to be quiet for 10-15 minutes.
· Start by listing three things for which you are thankful.
· Invite Christ to speak to you through the reading.
As you read the scripture passage ask these three questions:
1. What do I learn about the character of God here?
2. What’s the good news that is presented?
3 How can I pray based off this passage?
Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Week 1 (July 15)
Monday: Acts 19:1-22
Tuesday: Ephesians 1:1-14
Wednesday: Ephesians 1:15-23
Thursday: Colossians 1:1-14
Friday: Colossians 1:15-23