Unity Under Christ-Part 2-Jesus makes peace
Small Group Leader Notes:
Main Passage: Ephesians 2:11-22
Main Point: God’s dream for the world involves racial and cultural reconciliation made possible through Jesus
Reflection Questions for Individual or Group Study:
1. What do you want to remember most about today’s message?
2. What are some racial and cultural barriers that exist in our world today? In our church today?
3. Name some ways that people behave to continue to build barriers instead of taking down walls.
4. Read Ephesians 2:11-17. What did Jesus accomplish on the cross? Why did Jesus come to preach peace?
5. Jesus’ peace-making work on the cross invites the work of tearing down the barriers. What is the role of the church in addressing the racial and cultural barriers in our world?
6. When Paul declared that the people of God are “saved by grace...not by works so that none can boast” (Eph 2:10) he reminded us of the necessity of humility. How will humility help guide those efforts to tear down barriers?
7. What is one thing you want to do to live out the Message this week?
8. Pray and ask God to help you live out His peace in this world.
Unity Under Christ Study Challenge
· Choose a time & place to be quiet for 10-15 minutes.
· Start by listing three things for which you are thankful.
· Invite Christ to speak to you through the reading.
As you read the scripture passage ask these three questions:
1. What do I learn about the character of God here?
2. What’s the good news that is presented?
3 How can I pray based off this passage?
Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Monday: Ephesians 2:1-10
Tuesday: Ephesians 2:11-18
Wednesday: Ephesians 2:19-22
Thursday: Colossians 1:24-2:5
Friday: Colossians 2:6-15