Walking with Christ: Part 6-Jesus-The Sender
Small Group Leader Notes:
Main Passage: Mark 6:1-13
Main Point: Receive Jesus as Sender and Go as His Sent One
Reflection Questions for Individual or Group Study:
1. What is your response to the theme of this message?
2. Is there a place that you would not go to share the grace of God?
3. How does the idea of Jesus as “Sender” fit with the idea of Jesus as King?
4. Read Mark 6:7-12. Jesus sent his first disciples with a simple mission: what was it? Is that the mission of his disciples today? Is that yours?
5. When Jesus sent his disciples on their first mission, he told them not to take extra stuff. How does extra stuff get in the way of accomplishing the mission of Jesus in our lives?
6. To receive Jesus as your sender, what’s a habit you can keep daily?
7. To go as someone sent by Christ, what is something extra you can get rid of?
8. Who have you been sent to bring the good news to? Pray for a way to share the good news of Jesus Christ, bring healing and restoration.
9. How do you feel led to pray based off these reflections?
Walker Prayer Challenge
As we continue this new season at Stillmeadow, we invite you to join the Walker Prayer Crew through individual reading and prayer times. Setting aside time to pray and read through scripture as a community is a powerful way of experiencing God’s unity.
· Choose a time & place to be quiet for 10-15 minutes.
· Start by listing three things for which you are thankful.
· Invite Christ to speak to you through the reading.
As you read the scripture passage ask these three questions:
1. Describe Jesus’ character in this passage.
2. How is this inviting me to receive Jesus’ character?
3 How does this challenge me to offer Jesus’ grace to others?
Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Monday: Mark 15:1-20
Tuesday: Mark 15:21-41
Wednesday: Mark 15:42-47
Thursday: Mark 16:1-8
Friday: Mark 16:9-20