Walking with Christ: Part 2: Jesus-Big Brother Bully Defeater-June 10, 2018
Mark 3:20-21, 31-35
Reflection Questions for Individual or Group Study:
1. What is your response to the theme of this message?
2. Read Mark 3:20-21, 31-35. What do you think Jesus’ family was trying to protect Jesus from? How would you have responded if you were his family?
3. Read Mark 3:22-30. In light of the “household” imagery from the text, what are Jesus’ household values?
4. What is so radical about what Jesus says about family here?
5. There are many discussions around the idea of “doing God’s will.” Use this story to discuss what God’s will is.
6. How do you plan to receive/experience Jesus as “big brother” this week?
7. What do you plan to do to offer Jesus’ family values to others this week?
8. How do you feel led to pray based off these reflections?
Walker Prayer Challenge
As we continue this new season at Stillmeadow, we invite you to join the Walker Prayer Crew through individual reading and prayer times. Setting aside time to pray and read through scripture as a community is a powerful way of experiencing God’s unity.
· Choose a time & place to be quiet for 10-15 minutes.
· Start by listing three things for which you are thankful.
· Invite Christ to speak to you through the reading.
· As you read the scripture passage ask these three questions:
1. Describe Jesus’ character in this passage.
2. How is this inviting me to receive Jesus’ character?
3. How does this challenge me to offer Jesus’ grace to others?
Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Monday: Mark 4:1-25
Tuesday: Mark 4:26-41
Friday: Mark 6:14-44