KEEP IN STEP WITH THE SPIRIT Part 3: Fire the Nanny!
Galatians 3:23-29. Matt. 5:27-28. Phil 2:1-11.
Theme: It is important to understand the law in light of salvation through Jesus. It is also important to understand the law in light of the Holy Spirit’s movement in the world.
1. What are some “things” that you think or thought you need to give up in order to become a Christ-follower?
2. How are some of the legalistic ideas or views keeping you from understanding or realizing the grace of God?
3. Think about a time in your childhood/younger years when you did not embrace instruction from a person trying to protect you. What did you learn from it?
4. Think of some examples of the Law that are followed heartlessly. In light of how Jesus frames adultery and murder (even thinking about committing it is the same as committing it), what is the heart of spirit of those laws?
5. Think about the difference between “equality” and “unity.” Why is unity more important than equality. In light of Philippians 2:6 and the verses surrounding it, contrast equality and unity.
Study Challenge Week 3
There are two readings per day. One way to worship God intentionally is to set aside two times in your day, listening to Him through one reading in the morning and one in the evening.
First, be silent in prayer for 1 minute.
Second, thank God for 2 specific things.
Third, invite Jesus to speak to you by asking these 3 questions.
1. What are these verses trying to say?
2. Who is He inviting me to share this with?
3. How can I weave the work and fruit of the spirit into my daily life?
Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Monday: Galatians 3:15-29, Isaiah 53
Tuesday: Galatians 5:22-25, John 1:1-18
Wednesday: John 14:1-14, Genesis 22:1-14
Thursday: John 14:15-31, Acts 8:26-40
Friday: Galatians 4:1-20, Psalm 95, Psalm 98
Father, you have sent your Spirit to bear witness in us the life changing work of the Cross. Help me today to emulate the way of the lamb, with the fruits of your Spirit being clearly seen in my life.