KEEP IN STEP WITH THE SPIRIT Part 4: The Call
1 Kings 19:15-16, 19-21; 2 Kings 2:1-2, 6-14; Galatians 5:1, 13-25
Theme: We spend a lot of time on the subject of becoming a disciple of Jesus. Many times the CALL is pushed to the side. Today we want to look at the CALL of God through the lens of the story of Elisha and God’s instruction to Elijah. The Call requires us to step out in faith and move into God’s space let’s explore how Elisha’s call helps us to understand God’s call to us to Keep in Step with the Holy Spirit
1. What are the elements of a call seen in 1 Kings 19?
2. Have you sensed the TAG of the Holy spirit – By Him speaking directly to you? or through the study of scripture? Or the collective wisdom of Godly friends or the church collectively?
3. What things do you need to leave behind? 1King 19:20-21; Matthew 4:18- 22; Galatians 5:16- 25
4. Have you hesitated to respond to God’s call because? Do you have Lot’s wife’s syndrome? Genesis 19:25-27
5. Are you asking for more of God’s blessing to be poured into your life? “Let me inherit a double portion of your spirit,” Elisha replied 2 Kings 2:9b What would a double portion look like in your life?
6. Read Galatians 5 13-25: Has anybody recognized the fruit of the spirit in your life? What does that look like?
Study Challenge Week 4
There are two readings per day. One way to worship God intentionally is to set aside two times in your day, listening to Him through one reading in the morning and one in the evening.
First, be silent in prayer for 1 minute.
Second, thank God for 2 specific things.
Third, invite Jesus to speak to you by asking these 3 questions.
1. What are these verses trying to say?
2. Who is He inviting me to share this with?
3. How can I weave the work and fruit of the spirit into my daily life?
Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Monday: Galatians 4:21-31, Psalm 16
Tuesday: Galatians 5:1-15, 1 Kings 19:15-16, 19-21
Wednesday: Galatians 5:16-26, 2 Kings 2:1-2, 6-14
Thursday: John 15:1-17, Luke 9:51-62
Friday: John 15:18-27, Psalm 77:1-2, 11-20
Father, you have sent your Spirit to bear witness in us the life changing work of the Cross. Help me today to emulate the way of the lamb, with the fruits of your Spirit being clearly seen in my life.