KEEP IN STEP WITH THE SPIRIT Part 1: Empowered to Witness
Acts 2:1-21, Galatians 5:22-25, Romans 8:14-17, John 14:25-27
Theme: With the Holy Spirit the church has freedom from fear, belonging as God’s children, knowledge of Jesus and empowerment to witness!
1. What does Galatians 5:22-25 teach us about the role that the Holy Spirit has in our lives as Christians? How do you keep in step with the Spirit?
2. Acts 2:1-21 is an incredible story about the Spirit being poured out on all the believers to tell the good news of Jesus. Why is it important to remember that the Holy Spirit was poured out without discrimination?
3. Read Romans 8:14-17. What is the difference between slavery to fear and adoption as children to God as our Father? Why is adoption important with the life of a Christian?
4. What comforts you about what we learned about the Holy Spirit today? What challenges you?
5. In the message, people shared their before Christ and after Christ cardboard testimonies. Take a moment to think about who you were before Christ and who you are now because of Christ. As you feel led, share that with your group.
6. How do you feel led to pray?
Study Challenge Week 1
There are two readings per day. One way to worship God intentionally is to set aside two times in your day, listening to Him through one reading in the morning and one in the evening.
First, be silent in prayer for 1 minute.
Second, thank God for 2 specific things.
Third, invite Jesus to speak to you by asking these 3 questions.
1. What are these verses trying to say?
2. Who is He inviting me to share this with?
3. How can I weave the work and fruit of the spirit into my daily life?
Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Monday: Galatians 5:22-25, Galatians 1
Tuesday: Luke 3:8-9, James 2:14-26
Wednesday: Ephesians 4:22-24, Colossians 3:5-10
Thursday: Romans 6:11-14, Psalm 119:105, 1 John 2:1-6
Friday: Philippians 3:13-16, Hebrews 6:17-20
Father, you have sent your Spirit to bear witness in us the life changing work of the Cross. Help me today to emulate the way of the lamb, with the fruits of your Spirit being clearly seen in my life.