Just Discipleship Part 8: Words to Build a Life On-Part C
Scripture: Luke 9:28-36
Theme: Just Discipleship digs deep to build life on the teaching of Jesus to deny ourselves and carry our cross as he did.
1. What was God saying to you through the message?
2. Read Luke 9:28-36. Why do you think God commanded the disciples to listen to Jesus?
3. Back up and read Jesus’ words in Luke 9:23-25. Why is self-denial vital to discipleship?
4. How did Jesus show self-denial in his life and death?
5. What are ways that we can practice self-denial in our relationships with family, coworkers, enemies?
6. Where do you find it difficult to practice self-denial?
7. Read again Jesus’ words in Luke 6:47-49. How does obedience to Jesus’ words build a “sturdy life”?
8. How can you “dig deep” this week and obey Christ and deny yourself?
9. How can we pray?
Just Discipleship Study Challenge:
These instructions can also be found at stillnaz.com/sermon-blog.
Choose a time and place to be quiet for 10 minutes.
First, be silent in prayer for 1 minute.
Second, thank God for 2 specific things.
Third, invite Christ to speak to you through the reading of the passage by asking these 3 questions.
As you read the passage, ask these three questions:
1. What does this text show about the power and purpose of Jesus’ resurrection?
2. What does this say about the purpose of being a disciple?
3. How can I allow the resurrection to change my perspective?
Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Week 8 (March 3)
Monday: Luke 24:1-35
Tuesday: Luke 24:36-53
Wednesday: Acts 1:1-26
Thursday: Acts 2:1-13
Friday: Acts 2:14-41
Resurrected Jesus, you conquered death and poured our your Holy Spirit on the early church! As the early church dedicated themselves to your mission, I set aside my life and times to tell the world about your conquering of death and the forgiveness of sins that is available to any who would repent!