WORSHIP REIMAGINED Revelation Series Part 3: Worship Through the Wilderness
Theme: As we face everyday tribulations, we are reminded that God stands against evil and injustice offering protection, purification and provision for those who turn from the ways of the world to worship Him.
1. How did God speak to you in the message?
2. How do traumatic events affect the way people worship?
3. Read Revelation 7:9-17. How do you think these words would be comforting for people going through great distress?
4. What are things that people use to replace God for protection or provision? How do those things let people down?
5. Why is it so important that Christians live pure lives?
6. What about you? What do you need to purified of? Where do you need to relax and let God provide and protect?
7. What steps can you take this week to trust God to purify you and provide for you?
8. How can we pray?
There are two texts per day. One way to worship God intentionally is twice per day, with one verse in the morning and one in the evening.
First, be silent in prayer for 1 minute.
Second, thank God for 2 specific things.
Third, invite Jesus to speak to you by asking these 3 questions.
What am I learning from these passages about Jesus?
2. Who is He inviting me to share this with?
3. How is He speaking to me during these times of worship?
Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Monday: Acts 9:36-43, Psalm 24
Tuesday: Psalm 23, Acts 7:54-60
Wednesday: Revelation 7:9-17, 2 Corinthians 1:3-7
Thursday: John 10:22-30, Exodus 15:1-21
Friday: John 10:1-18, 1 Samuel 2:1-10
Jesus, you are completely worthy of worship. As I seek you intentionally today, grant me eyes to see you clearly, ears to hear you plainly, and to take this with me throughout my day. You, being the First and the Last, have given me hope, a hope that does not fail.