WORSHIP REIMAGINED Revelation Series Part 4: The Wedding Day
Theme: As the bride of Christ, Christians rehearse for the wedding day by resisting the way of the dragon through being faithful to worship Christ alone and to witness to His resurrection way of life.
1. What stood out to you from the message?
2. Read Revelation 21:1-8. What intrigues you the most about this image of a new heaven and new earth?
3. Jesus’ life was “the way of the Lamb.” Describe his “way.”
4. Read Rev 13:10 and 14:12. Why was endurance necessary to Christian discipleship (i.e. the way of the Lamb) then? Why is it necessary now?
5. How do the images in Revelation 21 inspire endurance?
6. What are the ways that the dragon can be resisted?
7. Enduring requires exclusive worship/service of Christ. How do we know if we have shifted to worship of our spouse, our government, friends or job?
8. What needs to shift in your life to move to an attitude of endurance?
9. How do you feel led to pray?
There are two texts per day. One way to worship God intentionally is twice per day, with one verse in the morning and one in the evening.
First, be silent in prayer for 1 minute.
Second, thank God for 2 specific things.
Third, invite Jesus to speak to you by asking these 3 questions.
What am I learning from these passages about Jesus?
Who is He inviting me to share this with?
How is He speaking to me during these times of worship?
Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Monday: Acts 11:1-18, Hebrews 12:26-28
Tuesday: Psalm 148, Isaiah 66:1-2
Wednesday: Revelation 21:1-6, Jeremiah 31:31-40
Thursday: John 13:31-35, Ezekiel 11:14-21
Friday: Isaiah 43, Isaiah 65:17-25
Jesus, you are completely worthy of worship. As I seek you intentionally today, grant me eyes to see you clearly, ears to hear you plainly, and to take this with me throughout my day. You, being the First and the Last, have given me hope, a hope that does not fail.