Voyage in Christ: From Unfilled to Filled-Acts 2-1:22-May 20, 2018
Reflection Questions for Individual or Group Study:
1. What resonated in your heart about this message?
2. Read Acts 2:1-4. The believers were all together. Why has unity been essential for the church? What is the most important attitude for keeping unity? What is the most destructive attitude that prevents unity?
3. Read Acts 2:5-13. What do you notice about the crowd? What were the two reactions from the crowd? (First, amazed curiousity and second, laughing mockery.)
4. What mocking accusations come at church people today?
5. What curious questions come to the church today? What questions do your friends ask about God?
6. What did the Holy Spirit energize and mobilize the early church to do?
7. What is God energizing and mobilizing you to do with your faith?
8. Based off this passage, how should we respond in prayer?
Voyager Prayer Challenge
May 20-26, 2018
As we enter this new season at Stillmeadow, we invite you to join the Voyager Prayer Crew through individual reading and prayer times. Setting aside time to pray and read through scripture as a community is a powerful way of experiencing God’s unity.
· Choose a time & place to be quiet for 10-15 minutes.
· Start by listing three things for which you are thankful.
· Invite Christ to speak to you through the reading.
· As you read the scripture passage ask these three questions:
1. What does this have to teach about the Holy Spirit?
2. What does this say about believers?
3. How are you being led to respond to the Spirit?
· Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Monday: Acts 1:1-11
Tuesday: Acts 2:1-13
Wednesday: Acts 2:14-21
Thursday: Acts 2:22-36
Friday: Acts 2:37-47