WORSHIP REIMAGINED Part 5: From a Garden to a Garden City
Revelation 21:10, 22-27, 22:1-5
Theme: As the bride of Christ, Christians rehearse for the wedding day by resisting the way of the dragon through being faithful to worship Christ alone and to witness to His resurrection way of life.
1. What stood out to you from the message?
2. What do you think of when you think of a city?
a. Do you struggle to picture yourself enjoying God in a city? Why or why not?
3. Revelation 21: 24, 26 mention the nations worshipping God.
a. What excites you about the nations worshipping God? What limits your excitement about the nations worshipping God?
4. Read and think about the garden in Genesis 2. What does it have in common with Revelation 22:1-5
5. Read Revelation 22:3-4. What do you picture as you hear these words? Seeing the Face of God? Servants worshipping him forever?
6. If you were to wear the name of Christ on your forehead this week, how would others respond?
a. What anyone be surprised?
b. Would followers of Jesus be embarrassed or excited that you are carrying the name?
c. Would people feel you’re a safe person to talk to about the name of Jesus?
7. In what ways has this series challenged you to look differently at: Revelation, Worship?
8. How do you feel led to pray?
Worship Reimagined Study Challenge
There are two texts per day. One way to worship God intentionally is twice per day, with one verse in the morning and one in the evening.
First, be silent in prayer for 1 minute.
Second, thank God for 2 specific things.
Third, invite Jesus to speak to you by asking these 3 questions.
1. What am I learning from these passages about Jesus?
2. Who is He inviting me to share this with?
3. How is He speaking to me during these times of worship?
Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Monday: Acts 16:9-15, Genesis 3:22-24
Tuesday: Psalm 67, Proverbs 15:4, 13:12, 3:18
Wednesday: Revelation 21:10, 22-22:5, 2 Corinthians 5
Thursday: John 14:23-29, Isaiah 41:18-20
Friday: John 5:1-9, Hosea 2:16-23
Jesus, you are completely worthy of worship. As I seek you intentionally today, grant me eyes to see you clearly, ears to hear you plainly, and to take this with me throughout my day. You, being the First and the Last, have given me hope, a hope that does not fail.