Walking With Christ: "Lord of the Sabbath"
Scripture Reference-Mark 2:23-3:6
Reflection Questions for Individual or Group Study:
1. What is your response to the theme of this message?
2. Read Mark 3:1-6. What do you think is the primary difference between Jesus’ approach to rest and the Pharisees approach to rest?
3. How would you have responded if you were the man with the shriveled hand?
4. Who does this passage say that Jesus is? How does that affect and direct the Christian life?
5. What are the obstacles in your world that keep you from receiving God’s rest on a regular basis?
6. What are the obstacles in your life that keep you from giving rest to others?
7. What do you plan on doing to receive God’s rest this week?
8. What do you plan on doing to give God’s rest to others this week?
9. How do you feel led to pray based off these reflections?
Walker Prayer Challenge
As we continue this new season at Stillmeadow, we invite you to join the Walker Prayer Crew through individual reading and prayer times. Setting aside time to pray and read through scripture as a community is a powerful way of experiencing God’s unity.
· Choose a time & place to be quiet for 10-15 minutes.
· Start by listing three things for which you are thankful.
· Invite Christ to speak to you through the reading.
· As you read the scripture passage ask these three questions:
1. Describe Jesus’ character in this passage.
2. How is this inviting me to receive Jesus’ character?
3. How does this challenge me to offer Jesus’ grace to others?
· Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Week 1 Reading Plan:
Monday: Mark 1:1-20
Tuesday: Mark 1:21-45
Wednesday: Mark 2:1-27
Thursday: Mark 3:1-18
Friday: Mark 3:19-35