VOYAGE IN CHRIST: FROM OVERCOME TO OVERCOMER-I John 5:1-6-May 6, 2018
Reflection Questions for Individual or Group Study:
1. What about the message really spoke to you that you want to keep on thinking about during this week?
2. Name some ways that people are overcome by the ways of the world.
3. Read 1 John 5:1-6. What does obedience have to do with overcoming?
4. How would you describe faith? How does faith involve your mind, heart and actions?
5. Describe what it feels like when you are overwhelmed or when you are being overcome by the way of the world.
6. What is God calling you to overcome in your own life this week?
7. How do you feel led to pray?
Voyager Prayer Challenge
May 6-12, 2018
As we enter this new season at Stillmeadow, we invite you to join the Voyager Prayer Crew through individual reading and prayer times. Setting aside time to pray and read through scripture as a community is a powerful way of experiencing God’s unity.
· Choose a time & place to be quiet for 10-15 minutes.
· Start by listing three things for which you are thankful.
· Invite Christ to speak to you through the reading.
· As you read the scripture passage ask these three questions:
1. What does this chapter have to say about being an overcomer in Christ?
2. What does this chapter have to say about eternal life?
3. What is God calling you to overcome today? Name that and ask him for help to do that.
· Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Monday: 1 John 1:1-2:2
Tuesday: 1 John 2:3-26
Wednesday: 1 John 2:27-3:24
Thursday: 1 John 4:1-21
Friday: 1 John 5:1-21