Jesus' Songbook Part 3-A Song of Trust
Scripture: Psalm 16
Theme: This Psalm was written by David about the reasons to trust God, the benefits of trusting God, and the confidence we have by trusting God. If “Worship Is Life” then trusting God is worship. That’s right placing our trust in God is an act of worship.
1. What is one phrase from the message that you can use this week to keep your focus on God?
2. What tools do you use to connect with God in worship throughout the week?
3. List some reasons you have to trust God.
4. List some things you have trouble trusting God with.
5. What are some problems that you face that are like a big hand obstructing your view?
6. Who can come along side you and God in tackling these problems?
7. What are some of the benefits you have experienced by trusting God?
8. In your prayer time, pray for the things listed above. That God will help you trust where you are week and build confidence in your walk to help you trust Him more.
Jesus’ Songbook Study Challenge:
Choose a time and place to be quiet for 15 minutes.
Start by listing three things for which you are thankful.
Invite Christ to speak to you through the reading of the scripture.
As you read the scripture passage, ask these three questions:
1. What does this Psalm say about God?
2. What does this Psalm say about humanity?
3. How can I pray based off this passage?
Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Week 3 (November 18)
Wednesday: Psalm 3; 1 Kings 8:22-30; Mark 13:9-23