Stand Alone-Part 1-Christ the King
Scripture: Daniel 7:9-14 & John 18:33-37
1. What about the message today do you want to take to heart?
2. Read Daniel 7:9-14. What strikes you about the description of the Ancient One and the Son of Man?
3. The Ancient One and the Son of Man are shown to be greater and more powerful of the beasts in Daniel’s dream. What are some of the beasts of our day?
4. Read John 18:33-37. What sticks out to you about the interaction between Jesus and Pilate?
5. How does Jesus’ kingdom, which is not of this world direct how he lived?
6. Bring the two stories together: if Jesus’ kingdom is eternal and not of this world, how does that direct us as his followers to live?
7. What beast or force do you need to recognize that Jesus has authority over?
8. How do you feel compelled to pray?
Stand Alone Study Challenge:
Choose a time and place to be quiet for 15 minutes.
Start by listing three things for which you are thankful.
Invite Christ to speak to you through the reading of the scripture.
As you read the book of Daniel, ask these three questions:
1. What does this story say about power (divine and/or earthy)
2. What does this passage say about courage, humility and obedience?
3. How is God calling me to respond?
Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Week 1 (November 25)
Monday: Daniel 1-2
Tuesday: Daniel 3-4
Wednesday: Daniel 5-6
Thursday: Daniel 7-8
Friday: Daniel 9-10
Saturday: Daniel 11-12