FIRE IN MY BONES Part 7: The ABC’s of Suffering
Lamentations 1:1-6, 3:19-26, 2 Timothy 1:6-12
Theme: As Christians we do not hide or ignore suffering, but instead acknowledge it before God and believe that He is enough for us. As we receive His comfort, we are empowered to care for those who are suffering around us.
1. How did you apply what you learned last week?
2. How did God speak to you through the text/message?
3. Read Lamentations 1:1-6. What strikes you about the grief expressed here?
4. Read Lamentations 3:19-26. Why is it difficult but important to wait on God?
5. Be courageous: name a pain that you have and trust God to help you with it.
6. Read 2 Timothy 1:6-12. How is pain a part of following God?
7. From Lamentations 3 and 2 Timothy, what does God give those who follow Him to help with the pain?
8. Who do you know that is suffering now and could use a friend to share their suffering with them?
9. What do you sense God inviting you to do in response to this?
Study Challenge Week 7
There are two texts per day. One way to worship God intentionally is twice per day, with one verse in the morning and one in the evening.
First, be silent in prayer for 1 minute.
Second, thank God for 2 specific things.
Third, invite Jesus to speak to you by asking these 3 questions.
1. What am I learning from these passages about faith?
2. Who is He inviting me to share this with?
3. How is He speaking to me during these times of worship?
Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Monday: Lamentations 1:1-6 and Lamentations 3:19-26 and Psalm 137
Tuesday: Galatians 5:1, 13-15 and Psalm 13
Wednesday: Habakkuk 1:1-4; 2:1-4 and Psalm 37:1-9
Thursday: Psalm 16 and 2 Timothy 1:1-14
Friday: Luke 17:5-10 and Psalm 118
Jesus, you have called each of us to serve and obey. Give me strength every day to live in this calling, to be your hands and feet, to be faithful to that which has been given me.