Maturing In Christ (#adulting with Jesus)-Part 5-NOMA (No One Matures Alone)
Small Group Leader Notes:
Scripture: James 5:13-20
Summary: To become mature in Christ, the Christian is invited to rely on their Christian brothers and sisters and to lovingly confront those who wander in sin.
1. What stood out to you from the message today?
2. Why is it important to remember that maturing in Christ is best within the Christian community?
3. Read James 5:13-20.
4. How does prayer in response to difficulty and praise in response to cheerfulness help someone become more mature in Christ?
5. Why is it important to confess our sins to other Christians?
6. What is difficult about confronting someone in their sin, when they are wandering from the truth?
7. Pastor Josh gave some guidance on how to confront a brother or sister in sin. Can you add anything else that would be helpful?
8. How do you feel let to change this week? Take a moment to pray for strength to make that change.
Maturing in Christ Study Challenge:
· Choose a time and place to be quiet for 15 minutes.
· Start by listing three things for which you are thankful.
· Invite Christ to speak to you through the reading of the scripture.
As you read the scripture passage, ask these three questions:
1. What action am I being invited to stop in this passage?
2. What action am I being called to start in this passage?
3. How can I pray based off this passage?
Finish in prayer for yourself, your family, your neighbors, your co-workers, your church.
Week 5 (Sept 30)
Monday: James 5:1-12
Tuesday: James 5:13-20
Wednesday: Matthew 7:1-12
Thursday: Matthew 7:13-23
Friday: Matthew 7:24-29