Welcome Wednesday Update-May 23, 2018
Happy Wednesday Friends!
We're trying something new to keep everybody in the loop by sending out a weekly mid-week update about the life with Stillmeadow!
GRADUATION SUNDAY THIS SUNDAY
We are proud of our graduates and will be celebrating them this Sunday (May 27) at both of our campuses. Following the 9:30 service at the Stillmeadow Lane Campus, all are invited to join the grads and their families in the Multi-Purpose Room for a party with light refreshments!
MAY’S PINEAPPLE AWARD WINNER
This is the “Year of Welcome” for Stillmeadow, when we are intentionally welcoming Christ into all we do and intentionally welcoming others into our lives. Stillmeadow is filled with folks who are regularly practicing hospitality and as a way of lifting up the value of welcome and encouraging each other we are giving our monthly “Pineapple Awards.” This month’s award was given to Michael Underwood who serves as our lead usher and greeter at our City Campus! We thank God for his care for our visitors and his faithfulness in service, especially in ensuring that all have their name tags every Sunday morning!
WELCOME YEAR CHALLENGE
There are three ways we are inviting you to become involved in the Welcome Year. We’d love to see as many Stillnaz peeps joining in the Welcome Movement. If you’re like most, you may find it helpful to choose a partner to do the following with.
1. 10:02 Prayers. Set your alarm for 10:02 (AM or PM) and follow Jesus’s direction in Luke 10:02 to see that the harvest is plentiful and to pray for the Lord to send out workers.
2. Welcome Walk Wednesdays. Take time on Wednesday’s to walk through your neighborhood and pray for your neighbors. We encourage you to fast on that day too! If you can’t give up food, consider social media, sugary foods, or something else.
3. The 3 Minute Challenge. Take the last three minutes before worship (or small group or a business meeting or class) and the first three minutes after worship to reach out to somebody you are less familiar with and extend welcome to them.
JOIN IN THE WELCOME BY SERVING
We have opportunities for joining together to serve at Stillmeadow. We’d love to have you prayerfully consider the following.
1. Engagement Ministries focuses on helping people feel welcome on Sunday mornings. This includes greeters, ushers, cafe workers, parking lot attendants and more. Would you like to serve in this area? Contact Karon Kagan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Children’s Ministry helps families disciple the little ones between the ages of 0-11. This includes ministry during the 9:30 service and during Vacation Bible School (June 10-14). If you’re interested in helping disciple our young people, please contact Patsy Moses at email@example.com.
3. The Table ministry offers meals and fellowship to the community around the Jefferson Center on the second and fourth Saturdays. This is a great opportunity for a couple families to join in. If you’re interested, contact Pastor Isabell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WALKING WITH CHRIST
Our next series begins June 3. We will take 6 weeks to walk through the first part of the gospel of Mark on Sunday mornings and will offer a 6 week reading plan that will go through the entire gospel. If you'd like to engage in the sermon scriptures with a small group, we will have a the MORE Class meeting Sundays at 11AM to discuss. If you're interested in that group contact email@example.com to sign up!
THIS WEEK'S BLESSING FROM ACTS 2:1-21
May you call on the name of the Lord and be unified in prayer, energized by His Spirit and mobilized with his message. May others see the obedience of your lives and go “What does this mean?” and may we respond with the good news! May you remember that it takes all the generations, all the races and all the genders to show this unity and to carry this message!
This week's bulletin: www.stillnaz.com/s/Bulletin-May-20-2018.pdf