Welcome Wednesday Update
Happy Wednesday Friends!
It's our weekly update! It's VBS Week and we're having loads and loads of fun celebrating the God who gives us power to face whatever obstacle comes our way! AMPED, Living Fully Alive, is not just a theme for kids, it's for adults too!
LEADERSHIP UPDATE: OUR THREE COMMISSIONS
In this first year we have given ourselves three commissions through which we hope to strengthen the way we Continue Jesus’ Mission as a community. Our Discipleship Commission is focused on asking the question: “How can we best disciple people in the Voyage in Christ from the cradle to the grave?” Our Stewardship Commission is focusing on the question: “How do we best steward our financial resources as we disciple people in their Voyage in Christ?” And our City Campus Commission is moving forward with the question: “What is the best path forward in our efforts of discipling and making an impact on York City.” Each of these year-long commissions are made up of church staff members and board members that you have elected. The Discipleship and Stewardship Commissions will form into “Committees” or “Teams”, while the City Campus Commission will end with a recommendation on the best path forward. Please be in prayer for your church leadership as we Walk with Christ in these Commissions.
WILL YOU PRAY FOR ONE (OR MORE) OF OUR 40 STUDENTS GOING ON MISSION WEEK?
From June 25-30, our youth ministry will be serving York in a variety of ways. We want to cover this group in prayer, so the students have designed prayer cards to help. Stop by the youth booth on Sunday to sign up to pray for a student and pick up a prayer card to keep with you during your times of prayer.
SUMMER ACTIVITIES FOR THE FAMILY
We have some great stuff coming our way. Even if you can't participate, will you pray for the following?
- Mid-Atlantic District Family Camp: July 2-8 (open to anybody wanting a week for spiritual renewal). More info here: http://manaz.org/family-camp
- Teen Summer Camp: July 23-27 (open to 6th-12th grade). Register for early bird by June 18 here: https://madnyi.com/teen-camp
- Kids Camp: August 6-10 (open to 2nd-6th grades). Register your child by July 23 here: http://manaz.org/childrens-ministry.
WELCOME YEAR CHALLENGE
There are three ways we are inviting you to become involved in the Welcome Year. We’d love to see many Stillnaz peeps joining in the Welcome Movement. If you’re like most, you may find it helpful to choose a partner to do the following with.
- 10:02 Prayers. Set your alarm for 10:02 (AM or PM) and follow Jesus’s direction in Luke 10:02 to see that the harvest is plentiful and to pray for the Lord to send out workers.
- Welcome Walk Wednesdays. Take time on Wednesday’s to walk through your neighborhood and pray for your neighbors. We encourage you to fast on that day too! If you can’t give up food, consider social media, sugary foods, or something else.
- The 3 Minute Challenge. Take the last three minutes before worship (or small group or a business meeting or class) and the first three minutes after worship to reach out to somebody you are less familiar with and extend welcome to them.
WALKING WITH CHRIST
Our new series began on Sunday, June 3. For 6 weeks we will walk through the first part of the gospel of Mark on Sunday mornings. If you'd like to follow the 6 week reading plan that will go through the entire gospel, you can get the weekly installments on our sermon blog (insert page here). If you'd like to engage in the sermon scriptures with a small group, we will have the MORE Class meeting Sundays at 11AM to discuss. If you're interested in that group contact email@example.com to sign up!
THIS WEEK'S BLESSING...
May you have the joy of living with Jesus as your Big Brother who has defeated the enemy. May you have the confidence of being a part of His Kingdom family and the courage to live under His rule, even if it means enduring conflict with family or friends.
This week's bulletin: Click Here