Welcome Wednesday Update
Happy Wednesday Friends!
It's our weekly update!
CONGRATS TO JUNE'S PINEAPPLE AWARD WINNER!
So, for this Welcome Year, we are giving out the “Pineapple Award” to various members of our congregation who have modeled God’s hospitality for us. We have a church community loaded with folks who find ways to make others feel welcome. So, if you wonder why you don’t get this award, remember, God sees you and what you’re doing matters! This month's recipient is someone who has been a behind the scenes “welcomer” for new families. It is reported that she has often “caught” new families with children and shown them the way of Stillnaz. We are grateful to honor Nathalie Krebs!
HAVE YOU TAKEN THE WELCOME YEAR CHALLENGE?
There are three ways we are inviting you to become involved in the Welcome Year. We’d love to see as many Stillnaz peeps joining in the Welcome Movement. If you’re like most, you may find it helpful to choose a partner to do the following with.
- 10:02 Prayers. Set your alarm for 10:02 (AM or PM) and follow Jesus’s direction in Luke 10:02 to see that the harvest is plentiful and to pray for the Lord to send out workers.
- Welcome Walk Wednesdays. Take time on Wednesday’s to walk through your neighborhood and pray for your neighbors. We encourage you to fast on that day too! If you can’t give up food, consider social media, sugary foods, or something else.
- The 3 Minute Challenge. Take the last three minutes before worship (or small group or a business meeting or class) and the first three minutes after worship to reach out to somebody you are less familiar with and extend welcome to them.
WE'RE A PART OF A GLOBAL FAMILY!
Stay in the know about what's going on in the church of the Nazarene by subscribing to Nazarene News here: www.nazarene.org/news. You can read about the church's response to the Cuban plane crash, the crisis at the USA/Mexico border, how Argentinian Nazarenes are using theater to spread the gospel in their community and more.
SUMMER ACTIVITIES FOR THE FAMILY
We have some great stuff coming our way. Even if you can't participate, will you pray for the following?
- Mid-Atlantic District Family Camp: July 2-8 (open to anybody wanting a week for spiritual renewal). More info here: http://manaz.org/family-camp
- Teen Summer Camp: July 23-27 (open to 6th-12th grade). Register by July 6 here: https://madnyi.com/teen-camp
- Kids Camp: August 6-10 (open to 2nd-6th grades). Register your child by July 23 here: http://manaz.org/childrens-ministry.
OUR CURRENT SERMON SERIES: WALKING WITH CHRIST
Our new series began on Sunday, June 3. For 6 weeks we will walk through the first part of the gospel of Mark on Sunday mornings. If you'd like to follow the 6 week reading plan that will go through the entire gospel, you can get the weekly installments on our sermon blog (insert page here). If you'd like to engage in the sermon scriptures with a small group, we will have the MORE Class meeting Sundays at 11AM to discuss. If you're interested in that group contact email@example.com to sign up!
THIS WEEK'S BLESSING...
May you be like the disciples who chose to follow Jesus and learn from Him even though it meant giving up everything. May you be like Jesus as you share his loving truth in personal, patient and persistent ways. May we be a community who is correctible and directible by the best Teacher who ever lived.
This week's bulletin: Click Here