Welcome Wednesday Update
Happy Wednesday Friends!
We're trying something new to keep everybody in the loop by sending out a weekly mid-week update about the life with Stillmeadow!
WILL YOU PRAY FOR ONE (or more) OF OUR 40 STUDENTS GOING ON MISSION WEEK?
From June 25-30, our youth ministry will be serving York in a variety of ways. We want to cover this group in prayer, so the students have designed prayer cards and they are available. Stop by the youth booth on Sunday to sign up to pray for a student and pick up a prayer card to keep with you during your times of prayer.
GET YOUR SERVE ON!
We have opportunities for joining together to serve at Stillmeadow. We’d love to have you prayerfully consider the following.
1. Media Ministry. Interested in guiding people in worship through running sound or media on Sunday mornings? Contact Pastor John (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2. City Campus Ministry. Want to join God's mission of discipleship at our City Campus? Contact Pastor Kent (email@example.com).
3. Youth Ministry. Want to grow in maturity with a younger generation? You can serve on Sunday mornings at 9:30 or Tuesday nights at 6. Contact Patsy Moses (firstname.lastname@example.org).
SUMMER ACTIVITIES FOR THE FAMILY
We have some great stuff coming our way. Even if you can't participate, will you pray for the following?
- Vacation Bible School: June 10-14 (open to 3 years to 5th grade) If you did not register your child online you can register at the event!.
- Mid-Atlantic District Family Camp: July 2-8 (open to anybody wanting a week for spiritual renewal). More info here: http://manaz.org/family-camp
- Teen Summer Camp: July 23-27 (open to 6th-12th grade). Register for early bird by June 18 here: https://madnyi.com/teen-camp
- Kids Camp: August 6-10 (open to 2nd-6th grades). Register your child by July 23 here: http://manaz.org/childrens-ministry.
WELCOME YEAR CHALLENGE
There are three ways we are inviting you to become involved in the Welcome Year. We’d love to see as many Stillnaz peeps joining in the Welcome Movement. If you’re like most, you may find it helpful to choose a partner to do the following with.
1. 10:02 Prayers. Set your alarm for 10:02 (AM or PM) and follow Jesus’s direction in Luke 10:02 to see that the harvest is plentiful and to pray for the Lord to send out workers.
2. Welcome Walk Wednesdays. Take time on Wednesday’s to walk through your neighborhood and pray for your neighbors. We encourage you to fast on that day too! If you can’t give up food, consider social media, sugary foods, or something else.
3. The 3 Minute Challenge. Take the last three minutes before worship (or small group or a business meeting or class) and the first three minutes after worship to reach out to somebody you are less familiar with and extend welcome to them.
WALKING WITH CHRIST
Our new series began on Sunday, June 3. For 6 weeks we will walk through the first part of the gospel of Mark on Sunday mornings. If you'd like to follow the 6 week reading plan that will go through the entire gospel, you can get the weekly installments on our sermon blog (insert page here). If you'd like to engage in the sermon scriptures with a small group, we have the MORE Class meeting Sundays at 11AM to discuss. If you're interested in that group contact email@example.com to sign up!
THIS WEEK'S BLESSING..
May you have the humility and courage to receive His Sabbath rest this week. May you have the gumption to offer his rest to others this week. May we be a people who allow Jesus to be the Lord of the Sabbath, the Master of Rest for our lives.
This week's bulletin: CLICK HERE