Welcome Wednesday Update
Happy Wednesday Friends!
We're trying something new to keep everybody in the loop by sending out a weekly mid-week update about the life with Stillmeadow!
WELCOME TO OUR SUMMER INTERNS
Stillmeadow has a history of developing young leaders by giving opportunity to serve in internships. This summer we will have Bakari Hargett-Robinson serving in music and media ministries and Sarah Weaver will be serving with youth ministries! You can support their ministry in two ways. First, with prayer. Second by giving financially. If you'd like to support financially, please make checks out to Stillmeadow and fill in the memo line with "scholarship fund."
SUMMER ACTIVITIES FOR THE FAMILY
The summer is full of opportunity to connect and adventure. Check out the following:
- Remix Family Summer Kick-Off: June 5 (open to families of 6th-12th graders) Sign up for what to bring here: www.PerfectPotluck.com/GCGM7072
- Vacation Bible School: June 10-14 (open to 3 years to 5th grade) Register your child here: www.stillnaz.com/vbs.
- Mid-Atlantic District Family Camp: July 2-8 (open to anybody wanting a week for spiritual renewal). More info here: http://manaz.org/family-camp
- Teen Summer Camp: July 23-27 (open to 6th-12th grade). Register for early bird by June 18 here: https://madnyi.com/teen-camp
- Kids Camp: August 6-10 (open to 2nd-6th grades). Register your child by July 23 here: http://manaz.org/childrens-ministry.
WELCOME YEAR CHALLENGE
There are three ways we are inviting you to become involved in the Welcome Year. We’d love to see as many Stillnaz peeps joining in the Welcome Movement. If you’re like most, you may find it helpful to choose a partner to do the following with.
- 10:02 Prayers. Set your alarm for 10:02 (AM or PM) and follow Jesus’s direction in Luke 10:02 to see that the harvest is plentiful and to pray for the Lord to send out workers.
- Welcome Walk Wednesdays. Take time on Wednesday’s to walk through your neighborhood and pray for your neighbors. We encourage you to fast on that day too! If you can’t give up food, consider social media, sugary foods, or something else.
- The 3 Minute Challenge. Take the last three minutes before worship (or small group or a business meeting or class) and the first three minutes after worship to reach out to somebody you are less familiar with and extend welcome to them.
JOIN IN THE WELCOME BY SERVING
We have opportunities for joining together to serve at Stillmeadow. We’d love to have you prayerfully consider the following.
- Engagement Ministries focuses on helping people feel welcome on Sunday mornings. This includes greeters, ushers, cafe workers, parking lot attendants and more. Would you like to serve in this area? Contact Lori Weaver: Engagement@stillnaz.com
- Children’s Ministry helps families disciple the little ones between the ages of 0-11. This includes ministry during the 9:30 service and during Vacation Bible School (June 10-14). If you’re interested in helping disciple our young people, please contact Patsy Moses at email@example.com.
- The Table ministry offers meals and fellowship to the community around the Jefferson Center on the second and fourth Saturdays. This is a great opportunity for a couple families to join in. If you’re interested, contact Pastor Isabell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WALKING WITH CHRIST
Our next series begins June 3. We will take 6 weeks to walk through the first part of the gospel of Mark on Sunday mornings and will offer a 6 week reading plan that will go through the entire gospel. If you'd like to engage in the sermon scriptures with a small group, we will have at the MORE Class meeting Sundays at 11AM to discuss. If you're interested in that group contact email@example.com to sign up!
THIS WEEK'S BLESSING...
May you have eyes to see God in his glory. May you have a humble heart to see and confess your sins to receive his forgiveness. May you have the courage to respond to His call by saying “Here I am, Send me!”
This week's bulletin: www.stillnaz.com/s/Bulletin-May-20-2018.pdf