A NEW DAY
On Sunday, Feb 18, Pastor Josh had the happy privilege of accepting the vote of the church to become Stillmeadow's next lead pastor. You can see his acceptance/grateful video here: https://youtu.be/M76eTIg1KVU. (Yeah, he does get a little like the "Golden Globe" award speeches with his thanks, but there's so many people to thank, including you!)
What does this mean for youth ministries at Stillmeadow?
- Our commitment to youth ministry will remain.
- We remain committed to providing the best opportunities for youth to experience and grow in Christ's love and character. We have an incredible team of youth workers who have already been walking with our youth and are committed to continuing this journey! Each area of ministry (STU, Remix, Events, etc) will have designated youth leaders who will work with me and Patsy Moses to execute the duties there.
- A search will begin.
- One of the first priorities for our church leadership will be to find someone who can help continue the mission of youth ministry here at Stillmeadow. This process will take time, but good things are worth the waiting!
- We will have a point person for communication about youth ministry.
- For questions about youth ministry, you can reach Patsy Moses at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-764-4888.
- February 27 was Pastor Josh's last Remix as youth pastor.
- He will continue to be involved, but as a support, not as the leader of the ministry. One really neat aspect of all this is that his eldest daughter will be joining youth ministry in June, so he will have the opportunity to join you all as a parent in the ministry.
- You can join in by praying and serving.
- Check out the video above for things to pray for! (Self, Stillnaz, World, Stillnaz Leadership)
- This is an opportunity for parents to step up to join the youth ministry team. If you're interested, go ahead and share your info here: www.stillnaz.com/parentsconnect.
WHAT WE’RE DOING THESE DAYS!
MISSION WEEK BREAKFAST CLUB #3: SUNDAY, May 6 AT 8AM
We'll gather youth together for our third ever mission week breakfast club. We will meet in the MPR this time! Both parents and students are to attend this Breakfast Club.
SENIOR LUNCH #3: May 6
We'll gather soon to be graduates at the Kleinfeld house for conversation about life after high school! Because of the Installation Service on March 11, we'll need to postpone. We'll have a church wide graduation party on Sunday May 27!
DODGEBALL TOURNEY: APRIL 24
This night is a perfect night to invite friends to play together. Teams are encouraged to play hard, play fair and wear crazy costumes. Forms are due by April 10. Download the form here.
SUMMER CAMP 2018: JULY 23-27
An amazing week for anyone who will have just completed 6th-12th grades. There’s swimming, zipline, sports tournaments, horseback riding, late-night fun stuff, MOOSE games (trust us, it’s awesome!), lots of friends, amazing music, great messages, and that’s just the start. Grow closer to Christ, make new friends, build deeper friendships, and begin to grasp a bigger vision for how God views you and your world. Teen camp is awesome! $255 by May 21, $270 by June 18, $285 by July 6. Register here: www.madnyi.com/teen-camp!
WHAT WE'RE TEACHING THESE DAYS
TEEN MEMBERSHIP CLASS
Want to know all about our church beliefs and how to become a member? We are having a 4 week membership class starting on April 15th during our 11:00am STU time. If interested, click HERE
S.W.A.T. SERIES FOR MIDDLE SCHOOLERS
For the month of April, our middle school students will be exploring the Armour of God.
You can check out the series on LifeChurch Open Network: S.W.A.T.
LOVE > FEAR
For our Remix series in January-April, we will be taking Paul's instructions on love in 1 Corinthians 13 and breaking it down week by week. So, we'll look at what it means to follow Christ and love others through patience, through not being rude, through humility, etc. In a world full of hatred and indifference and fear, it takes courage and faith to live out the agape love of Christ and we want to equip our youth to do just that.
Our weekly Fuego Challenges line up with our Remix message series. Each challenge features a scripture to read and a question to reflect on or an action to take in light of that scripture.
It takes action to grow in Christ.
Read the word. Take the challenge.
Sign up here to receive daily texts or weekly updates.
Our weekly update (2.09.2018)
We welcome your presence
The youth ministry maintains an “open door” policy toward parents. You are welcome to visit one of our programs at any time. We want you to see for yourself what your student is experiencing week to week. You can take a closer look at our events and various classes by downloading our current Parent Guide HERE.
We value your input
Feel free to share your input, concerns, questions, comments, and observations with our staff. We want to partner with you in any way we can.
We encourage your involvement
We are ALWAYS on the lookout for parents who have a special place in their heart for teens and are open to joining our volunteer team. Our volunteers help run events, lead small groups, organize ministry opportunities, and more. If you would like to be involved on a regular basis, we’d love to talk to you personally!
We need your stuff
This doesn’t happen often, but occasionally we need to borrow something that we simply can’t provide on our own. Camping gear, sports equipment, mini vans, vacation homes and the like are items that you may be willing to loan out on occasion to help us in a pinch.
quick glance youth ministry calendar
Any questions about these? Check the youth ministry parent guide!
February 14 Ash Wednesday Service
March 2 LifePath
March 4 Mission Week Breakfast Club
March 11 Senior Lunch at the Kleinfeld’s
March 15-18 Field FOL
March 24 Easter Surprise
March 30 Good Friday Service
April 1 Easter (Worship at 9 and 10:45)
April 7 NYI Convention
April 24 Dodgeball Tourney
May 1 5th Grade Preview Night at Remix
May 5 Mulch Day
May 18-20 Excursion
May 23 Grad Night at Remix
May 27 Graduation Sunday
June 3 Move Up Sunday
June 5 Remix Family Summer Kickoff
June 10-14 VBS
June 25-30 Mission Week
July 23-27 Teen Summer Camp
Aug 6-10 Pre-Teen Summer Camp
Sept 21-23 Fall Retreat