A NEW DAY
On Sunday, Feb 18, Pastor Josh had the happy privilege of accepting the vote of the church to become Stillmeadow's next lead pastor. You can see his acceptance/grateful video here: https://youtu.be/M76eTIg1KVU. (Yeah, he does get a little like the "Golden Globe" award speeches with his thanks, but there's so many people to thank, including you!)
What does this mean for youth ministries at Stillmeadow?
- Our commitment to youth ministry will remain.
- We remain committed to providing the best opportunities for youth to experience and grow in Christ's love and character. We have an incredible team of youth workers who have already been walking with our youth and are committed to continuing this journey! Each area of ministry (STU, Remix, Events, etc) will have designated youth leaders who will work with me and Patsy Moses to execute the duties there.
- A search will begin.
- One of the first priorities for our church leadership will be to find someone who can help continue the mission of youth ministry here at Stillmeadow. This process will take time, but good things are worth the waiting!
- We will have a point person for communication about youth ministry.
- For questions about youth ministry, you can reach Patsy Moses at email@example.com or 717-764-4888.
- February 27 was Pastor Josh's last Remix as youth pastor.
- He will continue to be involved, but as a support, not as the leader of the ministry. One really neat aspect of all this is that his eldest daughter will be joining youth ministry in June, so he will have the opportunity to join you all as a parent in the ministry.
- You can join in by praying and serving.
- Check out the video above for things to pray for! (Self, Stillnaz, World, Stillnaz Leadership)
- This is an opportunity for parents to step up to join the youth ministry team. If you're interested, go ahead and share your info here: www.stillnaz.com/parentsconnect.
WHAT WE’RE DOING THESE DAYS!
FALL RETREAT @ CAMP PENN: SEPT. 21-23
We’ll worship, run through the woods, deepen relationships with God and others…it’ll be good! Cost is $50. Registration forms are available at the Youth Booth and HERE
WHAT WE'RE TEACHING THESE DAYS
HIGH SCHOOLERS ARE WALKING THROUGH MARK
We’re journeying with the disciples as they follow Jesus through the gospel of Mark.
THE DAY OFF SERIES FOR MIDDLE SCHOOLERS
For the month of August, our middle school students will be doing SELFISH
You can check out the series on LifeChurch Open Network: SELFISH
6TH GRADE ORIENTATION CLASS:
Beginning June 3rd, we will have a special orientation class for our new 6th graders during our STU time @ 11am.
REMIX ON WHEELS IN AUGUST:
We are taking our REMIX time outside! Here is our schedule:
Aug 7: Putter's Paradise 7pm Cost $5
Aug 14: Green Valley pool 6pm Cost $8.50
Aug 21: Cousler Park (meet by the volleyball courts) 7pm Cost FREE
Aug 28: Back to School Bash @ Stillmeadow 7pm Cost FREE
Our weekly Fuego Challenges line up with our Remix message series. Each challenge features a scripture to read and a question to reflect on or an action to take in light of that scripture.
It takes action to grow in Christ.
Read the word. Take the challenge.
Sign up here to receive daily texts or weekly updates.
Our fundraisers help teens participate in our ministry activities. But if there is ever a greater need, please contact Pastor Josh and we will work with you.
Our weekly update (2.09.2018)
We welcome your presence
The youth ministry maintains an “open door” policy toward parents. You are welcome to visit one of our programs at any time. We want you to see for yourself what your student is experiencing week to week. You can take a closer look at our events and various classes by downloading our current Parent Guide HERE.
We value your input
Feel free to share your input, concerns, questions, comments, and observations with our staff. We want to partner with you in any way we can.
WE HAVE A PARENT GROUP FOR THAT
Parenting teens is one the greatest human joys.
It is also one of the hardest human tasks.
We want parents to succeed. So Burdette and Nedra Lahr have stepped up to lead a group dedicated to helping parents navigate the years between 6th through 12th grade.
Every Sunday at 11AM while our 6-12 graders are meeting in Stillmeadow Teen University, we have a group designed by two parents of teenagers for other parents of young people. Sign up at HERE
We encourage your involvement
We are ALWAYS on the lookout for parents who have a special place in their heart for teens and are open to joining our volunteer team. Our volunteers help run events, lead small groups, organize ministry opportunities, and more. If you would like to be involved on a regular basis, we’d love to talk to you personally!
We need your stuff
This doesn’t happen often, but occasionally we need to borrow something that we simply can’t provide on our own. Camping gear, sports equipment, mini vans, vacation homes and the like are items that you may be willing to loan out on occasion to help us in a pinch.
quick glance youth ministry calendar
Any questions about these? Check the youth ministry parent guide!
July 23-27 Teen Summer Camp
Aug 6-10 Pre-Teen Summer Camp
Sept 21-23 Fall Retreat